2014

2014

Monday, May 02, 2022

Emmy's 8th grade Track (Plus running adventures with mom)

 Haha, funny picture Emmy took:

So Emmy is doing track again at school. She almost didn't, but at the last moment decided to. I think she is glad she is! She's had a couple of meets so far. The first one (where these pics are from) was soooo windy. Everybody's times weren't their best, including Emmy. Emmy was quite bummed with her mile (the 1600) time. I can't quite remember what it was . . . 7:20s, I think. She took 3rd. The 1st and 2nd girls are in her school and grade and are sooooooo fast. Like they are given 1st and 2nd place finishers in every race they do. It's crazy and cool.



Emmy ran the 1600 and the 800 her first meet. I had to work and so missed that one - hence the "professional" photos of Emmy taken with a real camera by another parent. :)

I made it to Emmy's second meet. The funny thing about meets are they are during the school day. So it's fun for the track kids - they get to hang outside, not in school, all day. Emmy's second meet was dreamy weather for running: slightly cool, cloudy, and not windy. Emmy ran the mile and got 6:48 and 4th place. She was happy as she PR'd her mile time - yay! She ran the 400 and did well in that, too - maybe 2nd place? She really liked the 400 - it was a good mix of sprint (she's not as fast as the short sprinters) and endurance and so she can do pretty good at it. Then she took part in a fun 4x400 relay and really liked that - it was her first relay. Her team crushed the other team (I think only 2 were in it) by about 200 meters. Her last even was the 800 medley. Emmy did a 100 and, again, her team (the same as the relay) crushed their opponents. Emmy's middle school is amazing and all team relays, medleys, etc., crush everyone else out there!

They dynamic relay/medley team! Emmy, Katie (the fastest girl in every event), Jayden (the second-fastest girl in every event), and Sadie (maybe the third-fastest girl, ha). So fun.

Anyways, track is going well and Emmy is having fun - except for when she wants to barf after each event because it's so hard to push yourself so much. In a good way, though.

Emmy and I are running the Black Canyon Ascent on May 14th. I don't know why because I hate it . . . but I keep doing it. And I think that's the same for Emmy - she did it in 2020, hated/loved it, and is doing it again. Ha. So I have taken Emmy on a couple of my "hill run" workouts. It's fun running with her. What else is fun is that I am faster than her, ha! It's only because I have been training on this run for over a year . . . give her time and I won't be able to keep up with her. But it's pretty awesome for the time being that she can't keep up with me - especially on the steep uphill. 

Before our 6-mile run - fun!

I missed the "make a funny face" memo. :)

I took Emmy out to this new shop in town - it's a candle-making shop, but super cute and with a cool cafe in it. So I bought Emmy some hot cocoa - and look how cute they made it. :) Ha. We had a lovely morning together and I was glad for some 1-on-1 time with Emmy (Lucy and Ben were in Denver for Lucy's state meet. I don't know where the boys were - maybe still sleeping?!)


No comments: