2014

2014

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Miles

 


"Dear Miles,
You know me better than I know you. In fact I don't you at all. Hopefully you will have gotten a very rare coin like the 1795 or 1794 silver dollar by the time time you get this. My friend's are Seth, Malachi, Josh, and Sarah. I hope you know these people, too. Did you know that scientists think that you will have clothes that change color, read books, and change textures? Milk cans will tell you if the milk is expire, your kitchen will e-shop for you, and you will have cleaning robots. If you haven't invented the wind-powered car, look at the blueprints on the other page. Also, if you have not invented the $17.63 coin, look at the picture at the left of the page. Do you like to draw? I do. I think that you will have lived during World War 3. Have you started using three-cent pieces? I think you should get marred at age 22 and start dating at age 16. Try these classes: math, cooking, and science. I think you should have four kids! Also get good grades! I end this letter with a warning: don't drink, smoke, or do inappropriate things.

From the person you know the best, Miles James Maxwell

P.S. If there are time machines, send me a letter that says Skeem! Sent it to me on 5-6-15 and put it in the mailbox at 601 N. 4th St. Montrose, CO. If time machines are invented later, write the date and then send it!"

Seven years ago (5th grade) Miles' GATE teacher had him write a letter to his future self - his future graduating senior self. :) We just received his letter, drawing, this picture, and a note from his teacher this past week. How adorable.

Miles graduated from seminary:

We just got Miles' senior pictures taken last Friday. Of all the days, it had to be the coldest and rainiest that we've had in months, ha. But it worked out and I love the pictures. I will share some (i.e., a ton) here for fun.

I don't know if I ever posted about Miles' "new" car?! Well, here it is. A 1953 Pontiac Chieftan. Luckily Miles isn't using this one as his "daily driver." More of a hobby project. Miles still has his Mini Cooper. But he's been working on this and we'll see if he ever gets it to drive . . . It is quite cool, though!















Miles is all done with his public/Montrose high school classes. He took his AP Bio exam a couple of weeks ago and finished up with the rest of his finals at the high school last week. He didn't go to the Montrose high school's graduation - but Jonas did, ha. We watched it online for a few minutes - but graduations, in my opinion, are pretty boring . . . Miles did attend a "Safe" graduation party that night - that's what it's called, "Safe" or something like that. It's sponsored by parents and involves no drinking, etc. Just fun games and hanging out. Miles stayed until the end - 2am. He had fun and won $40 and an air compressor.

He's not officially done, however, with high school as he still has BYU classes to finish up. He'll finish those up over the summer - and then we'll officially announce/celebrate his graduation!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

that letter is the CUTEST thing i've seen in a long time. I love it so much.

i didn't realize that was his car! hahaha. your boys and cars.

the pictures turned out amazing.

they really should come up with a better name for the 'safe' party. honestly. at least make it sound somewhat fun. what does one do with an air compressor? sounds...weird.