Well Jonas did it. On May 19th, Jonas graduated from Montrose High School. He gave it quite a run and a little bit of scare near the end of his junior and the very beginning of his senior year, but he pulled through, buckled up, and got the job done. Thank goodness. He even managed to graduate with a 3.0 his last semester - his best in years, ha.
I hadn't been to a high school graduation since my own! But I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't horrible. It wasn't too long - the three student speakers each took less than 5 minutes and I loved that. There were about 275 graduates, so reading of the names didn't take an awful lot of time (I had three times that at my graduation). Plus, I like how they state what each graduate is up to next - what University he/she will be attending, or trade school, or gap year, or military, or mission, etc. There were at least 6 kids going on missions for our church and that was pretty cool. Anyways, it was overall nice and enjoyable!
Jonas went to dinner with friends afterwards and then attended the Senior Safe Party put on by volunteers. The idea is to keep kids out late at an alcohol and drug-free event. The volunteers go all out in the activities, food, games, and prizes - HUGE prizes. The end had two $1000 cash prizes. You got $20 just for showing up. Etc. Jonas ended up winning about $100 in cash and then a month-long membership at Gold's. Cool! I think he had a good time.
Jonas decided not to do a party. He attended several of his friends - as did the rest of us. We went to Aby's party and Aidan's (Aidan was supposed to include Jonas in the party . . . but it didn't quite turn out that way :( ). Those were on Saturday. Anyways, it was a fun weekend and I am just glad Jonas didn't give up like he wanted to many a times!
Pictures (completely out of any order, but whatever):
Aby and Jonas at the Senior Safe Party.








No comments:
Post a Comment