Whelp . . . she didn't hate it! We surprised Emmy by signing her up for BYU's Cross-Country camp and she wasn't too thrilled about it. Maybe because she doesn't love running and was going without a friend. So I think she was a bit nervous - okay, a lot nervous. She even told Ben and I at one point that she hopes she has a miserable time and that we feel badly about it. Haha, oh the joys of Emmy!
Well . . . she had a really, really great time! She made friends and had a lot of fun with them. She liked the seminars and learned a lot from them. She met two BYU Olympians (running the marathon in Paris this year!). She endured the runs - which were very hill, as in run up a big hill for half the time and then back down. (Her calves were mad at her by the end.) And she had the "best night ever" at the dance - not because of any boy or slow-dances. Just because she and her friends just moshed it the whole night. :)
Ben took her up on Sunday and dropped her off at BYU on Monday. I came up on Wednesday with Lucy. We got in late because Lucy had her first of two big dentist appointments (a total of 8 cavities for her!) on Wednesday. On Thursday I dropped Lucy off with her bestie from here who moved to Layton, Lila. I visited with Heather for a bit, then I had to drive to Riverton to get Emmy's car's title signed by the previous owner. From there I went to the temple because my mom suggested and I had nothing else to do . . . It just opened like the week before. It's very beautiful. Then I went and picked up Emmy. We ate dinner at the Brick Oven and had a fun evening watching "McFarland" together at my parents'. Friday morning Emmy and I squeezed in a little bike and run session (getting ready for our up-coming triathlon) and then met up with Heather and Lucy and then off we were back to Montrose. Fun times. :)
Pictures in random order:
Emmy and her running coach for the week - a BYU XC team member. His name is Jacob Stanford and his twin brother is on the team, too. Emmy loved him!

No comments:
Post a Comment