Ben was released as bishop of the Black Canyon ward on December 3rd, 2017. Almost exactly 5 years and 1 month after he was called.
We've known about the specific date for a few weeks. I was definitely the more excited of the two of us. Ben had a lot of thoughts like, "I should have done this . . . ," I could have done this better. . . ," I wish I would have done this . . . ," etc. Which I think many of us feel when we are done with a specific job or assignment.
But Ben did a great job as bishop!
As I got to church on Sunday, I became a lot more emotional than I thought I was going to be. I could hardly hold in my tears on the pew; I really did not want to have to go up and talk because I knew I would lose it. But I had to. And I did lose it. I am not one to usually get emotional, but boy was I. I think because it was such a bitter-sweet thing - my emotions were full of relief and sadness. It was weird and awkward having to express that in my thoughts to the ward. But my emotions stabled out a bit as the day went on. . .
Ben's counselors were asked to speak, then myself, and then Ben. After us went the new counselors, the new bishop's wife, and the new bishop - Bishop Crim. The new bishopric will be great and we are excited to give them our love and support. And the mantle. :) Not that I ever had it, but I felt it on Ben. And I felt it NOT on Ben on our Sunday afternoon - it was sooooo nice.
While I'll miss so many of the neat experiences we were able to be a part of because of Ben's calling, I'm excited for this new part of our lives!
1 comment:
So exciting (for you!). I have this picture of Ben skipping out of the church building IMMEDIATELY after the block and it's cracking me up. :)
Post a Comment