Seeing as it was his 12th birthday, he is due a party. He decided on inviting a few friends and going skiing - at Kendall Mtn. in Silverton. We were supposed to do that on the 16th. But, seeing as there is no snow this year, the resort hasn't opened yet and so his party is postponed. . . But I'm sure it will be fun when it happens!
The obligatory picture of the bedroom door decorated with crepe paper and flashing your new age! 12!
Jonas' big present from us (and mostly only, except for the DVDs and a leather Book of Mormon he picked out earlier this year) was a mountain bike. A very cool and very nice mountain bike. So instead of skiing with friends on Saturday, a few boys and Ben will go for a cool mountain bike ride. So fun!
Jonas said it would be okay if I put balloons on his bike - so I did! He also had to lug his trombone to school that day and so it was a full bike-load!
I think he had a good day at school. Many kids knew it was his birthday and one girl even wrote "Happy Birthday Jonas" on the chalkboard in his science class. Fun, fun.
Jonas rode his bike around the neighborhood waiting for Ben to finally come home. When Ben did get home, we ate our dinner of green spaghetti and meatballs and over-cooked, but still yummy, asparagus. Then it was on to birthday cake! My cakes are definitely "home-made" and not professional, but my kids always think they are so great and so that is nice (Emmy told me that I should post this one on Pinterest. :). I do like how Jonas' cake turned out! And he loved it and so that's what's important!
Happy birthday Jonas!
We then went to the theater for the pre-release showing of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. It was a great and fun movie . . . and long - the movie started at 7:30 and got over a little after 10! But it was a special occasion to celebrate our special 12-year old.






1 comment:
DUDE. My kids would DIE if I made them cakes like you make your kids. I think they're amazing! And happiest of birthdays to Jonas! So fun that Mom and Dad are there.
Post a Comment