Gosh, I don't know even where to start on reporting about last weekend. I think I'll have to break it up in to different posts: my Moab trip, Wilson's passing, and the end of Ben bishoping.
I'll summarize it all together now and then break it up in to individual posts with pictures and more details.
On Thursday afternoon I was working in the house when I heard Brigham barking at our office. As I came over to investigate, I saw Wilson struggling to get up. He's had these struggles before, but I could immediately tell this was different. It wasn't just his back hips giving him trouble this time. I picked him up and put him outside and could hardly watch him as he struggled to walk.
By the time the boys got home from school Wilson looked and acted as if he had had a stroke. And when Ben finally got home, we knew he had to be put down and so Ben was going to do that on Friday.
I left Friday morning as soon as the kids were all off to school. It was my 4th annual trip to Moab for the Winter Sun 10K.
Ben got off early-ish from work on Friday. He and Lucy took Wilson to the vet and put Wilson down. Sniff, sniff. Ben then had to go and meet a family that he was doing a funeral for the next day. Then Ben took the kids to our school's movie night.
Saturday I had my race. Ben was gone with the funeral from like 10-2. The kids did chores and had their game time. In the late-afternoon Ben took the kids and they cut down some Christmas trees. Then they walked downtown for the Parade of Lights.
I got home and saw they were all gone and so I went and met up with them there. I sent Ben back to make dinner - because he wanted to! The parade was the longest ever - 1 1/2 hours. But it was awesome!
On Sunday, Ben got released as Bishop. I'll write more on that later.
We enjoyed a truly lovely Sunday afternoon, including Wilson's grave-side service. :)
It was quite the weekend!
1 comment:
May be I should have read this one first. I have nothing to say. :)
Post a Comment