We had a busy weekend, full of the girls doing one thing and the boys doing another.
The GOTR 5K was on Saturday. The girls and I rode our bikes down to the race and that was a good, little warm-up for Emmy's legs. :)
I was a coach again at Northside. Out of the 27 girls on the team, 26 of them were there for the race. We have never, ever had that many show up and so it was pretty awesome.
I ran with Emmy - who told me that her goal was to run the entire race. Last year she walked a little bit at the top of the "hill" (incline) and a bit afterwards. But, even though she complained of a stomach cramp, I kept her running and she was able to accomplish her goal. She felt pretty great.
She was the first one from her team of girls to finish - at a time of 30:20, beating her time from last year. It was definitely motivating to her as we passed many of her teammates still heading out (a bit of the course has going-out and coming-back traffic - but just a small section) and they would exclaim things like, "Wow, you're already there Emmy!" "Whoa, look where Emmy is." :)
When we got back, we got some snacks, and then headed back down the course to find our Northside stragglers. :) We went quite a ways (at least 1/2 a mile) and then Emmy and I ran in with a group that was the last girls from our team. It was another fun run!
Sporty Emmy! Her gymnastic's fitness really pays off!
So does running with a mother who can pace her!
Our cheering section! My good friend Heather helped watch Lucy (and a couple other extras, too) while our girls ran.
Go, Emmy, Go! As we were getting closer and closer, I told her she should sprint when we saw the finish. She was getting pretty tired and was like, "No, I am not doing that." Well she did! :)




2 comments:
Congratulations to Emmy and her "mom-coach," but especially to Emmy. We're proud of you! Grandma & Grandpa
Yeah, congrats to EMMY, not to you. hahaha. But that is awesome! She should come run with us the next time we're together.
Post a Comment