2014

2014

Saturday, June 09, 2018

An Outing to Ridgway

There is this lovely path that we like to bike on to Ridgway's city park.  So Csilla, Heather, and I got our cars packed with bikes (a total of 11 bikes!) and headed towards the parking area.  We had a lovely ride to Ridgway and then the kids played at the park, ate lunch, etc.  We hit the little bike jump area on the way to and from . . . but as we were heading out the kids went ahead.  By the time I got there, Jonas was walking out of the jumps area and I could tell something was up.  Apparently, he had a BIG crash!  His bike was totally bent - but I was able to bend it back in place.  He was scraped up all along his right side - head, face, forearm, flank, and leg.  I'm glad I didn't see it - I heard it was quite scary to watch.  I probably would have cried.  Emmy almost cried when I talked to her about it.  Jonas was pretty shaken up - probably a little in shock, too.  He complained of dizziness and a headache (of course).  But after a bit, I had him get back on his bike, and thankfully he was okay.  Hurting, but okay.  Golly.

We let the kids explore the water a bit and that was a lovely finish to the day!

 I didn't take any pictures until the water . . . Jonas liked rubbing mud on his body.

 Ouch.

The awesome gang of awesome kids:  Jonas, Lucy, Lila, Clara, Holly, Emmy, Lexi, Levi, Miles, and Kyle.  Such fun kids.

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Other than Jonas's fall, this looks so awesome. And I can tell that you have no humidity. Jealous.