2014

2014

Wednesday, December 09, 2020

December so far . . .

So November officially ended and we entered in to the last month of 2020. Time has quickly yet slowly gone by. Like it does every year, even though that makes no sense. But 2020 was obviously different . . .

I was able to escape and go see my parents for a quick trip. It was so nice to see them! They went on all my errands with me on Thursday - traveling from their house, to Mapleton (picked up snowboard boots for Jonas' b-day), and then to SLC as I checked out several used-gear shops trying to find the perfect snowboard bindings for Jonas. I didn't find any - but Jonas found a good deal online. My parents fed me and took me out to dinner. It was awesome. I was supposed to have gone a couple weeks earlier and see my brother and his girlfriend (who came for a visit) - but Jonas was exposed to an entire family who ended up getting Covid less than 2 days after Jonas was with them. So I kept my distance from my parents and Derek and Lee - boohoo. But it was good to at least see my parents this time around!

I stopped off at IKEA on my way home on Friday. I had ordered beds to be picked up and was glad my parents followed me to help me load the heavy boxes into my car - so heavy! I then walked around the store and then waited in line FOREVER for the few items I threw in my cart. Ha.

As I said online, all those years of leg-building was put to use as my boys put their furniture all together. Jonas was so excited he started late on Friday night. He came in to our room around midnight declaring we had gotten the wrong bed . . . the instructions were wrong . . . etc. I told him to wait until the morning and we would look at it. Doubting his excuses . . . 

True enough, Jonas started on his bed again Saturday morning and was able to get it all figured out! Looks good! Miles put together a dresser - that ended up going to the girls' room as the boys really didn't need it. Miles then put his bed together on Sunday night:
Room Sweet Room. We all love it!

Just another angle.

Saturday afternoon we headed up to the forest for our annual Christmas Tree Hunt. We found two great trees and enjoyed the little bit of snow that was up there:

Ohhhh, I love this so much! We cut down a few dead trees for firewood (Ben had gotten a permit to do so) and I saw this - mountains naturally carved in a log. So gorgeous!

I had to work sooooo hard to saw down that huge trunk. Ha.






The upstairs "kid" tree. This one goes in our TV room and the kids put all their ugly homemade ornaments on it. Then they put their sibling gifts under it. Lovely.

Our beautiful tree! I love it! It's so full compared to what we usually find!

For FHE we watched the First Presidency's Devotional and then decorated Ugly Sweater cookies. I had bought a cut-out last year and we had a fun time decorating them this year.
Mine.

Lucy's.

Emmy's.

Ben's.

Miles'.

Jonas'. Of course.

Last of all . . . Lucy's homemade desk! Ha. She has to quarantine from school until December 16th. It seems that her computer teacher is positive for Covid. Lucy last had her on November 30th. We took Lucy to get tested on Monday, hoping for a quick and negative result so she can at least go back to gymnastics! Lucy was able to have her twin friends over (Maddy and Addy) who are also a part of the quarantine group (actually, half of the elementary school is). They did all of their school work, plus enjoyed a lot of outdoor recess time. It was perfect.

Now we are on to birthdays and holidays! Yay!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

That tree is so full for you guys! Fun. Also, I totally thought you wood-burned the mountains into that log. Did you take it? Hang it on your walls?