2014

2014

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Last Week of 2020

 On December 30th we went skiing at Kendall Mountain, in Silverton. It had gotten some good, new snow and so we thought it would be a fun outing - and it was. Kendall, ever so small, is ever so fun. Always. 
The two girls had a blast and loved it.

Ben has quite the form and height on his jumps! Impressive . . . especially for an old guy. :)

Soooooo, I gave snowboarding a try. Ben's boots broke and so he tried borrowing a neighbor's board and boots. Unfortunately, they were too small - but he brought them so I could try it out. I was quite typical and was on my bottom more than not those first couple of runs. The girls skied past us about 4 times, ha. But by the third and fourth (my last) runs, I was picking up on it a little bit. It was definitely fun to try and I might try some more this season. Snowboard boots are waaaaaay better and kinder to my calves than ski boots. My entire body felt my snowboarding experience for the next days, ha.

The kids had fun on the jumps (as well as Ben) - there goes Lucy!

There I am with my snowboard instructor.

Jonas catching some good air on his board.

Miles would get some pretty good air, too!

Another shot of me on the board.

Ben is cool.

So cool.

And there goes Emmy! You can't tell she's in the air, but she is.

So that was a pretty great day. 

New Year's Eve we didn't go too much . . . Ben worked and the boys did some schooling. That evening, though, we went bowling with a bunch of friends. One friend, Twyla, had organized a "birthday party" and invited a bunch of families. The kids had a great time with other kids and we adults had a great time with other adults. We finished up bowling around 7:30 and then came home. The boys had tried to get some friends together to come over, but most were out of town. So we just got Aiden, but he's great and so it was fun to have him join our family that evening.


We played Scum, which is an awesome card game. In addition to the "regular" rules, we have a food item for each place you're in. President, 2nd, 3rd, all the way down to the last palce - the Scum. The food gets worse and worse as it goes along. President's position was a mint brownie, next were fruit snacks, then peanut butter, then apple/granola baby food, then sweet potato baby food, followed by mayo, and finally wasabi peas (disgusting and I had to eat them three times - waaaahhhh). But it was still fun. Apparently the fruit snacks were the hot item and so all the kids wanted second position (they had eaten some brownies already at the bowling alley). We then drank a lot of Martinelli's while we played Left, Center, Right. We had a $25 pot and so it was exciting. Miles had the most quarters up until the end when Emmy shockingly won - even though she was down to zero quarters on multiple occasions. It was fun.

We were so full from dinner and other snacks that we didn't break down our gingerbread houses that day. Oh well. After card games, the kids watched a few clips of something and then it was midnight! Byebye 2020!!!!!!!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

I'm a little hopeful that my kids will be excited about snowboarding because of their onewheels. I have totally thought about the ski boots issue. I really think my whiny kids would have a FIT over them! But snowboard boots, not so much. We'll see!