2014

2014

Saturday, August 28, 2021

Emmy's Day

Well it's hard to have a super great birthday when you have school all day and then cross-country practice. But I still think Emmy had a pretty good birthday! She had wanted me to check her and Lucy out for lunch, but I secretly talked to Lucy and she was fine with me taking Emmy and two of her friends. So I checked out the three girls for lunch at . . . none other than . . . Crash Burger. The girls are sweet and had a good break from school.

Emmy got back from cross-country practice a little after 5. We ate her dinner-choice of Beef Stroganoff (so good) and then she opened her gifts. She got a lot of room decor things, a couple dresses and other clothes, etc. She was super-happy with everything. The one thing she knew about and was excited for was the same thing I thought I had ordered but by Thursday when it hadn't come, I realized I hadn't. Surprise, you're not getting it today! She'll get it (a hammock swing chair like Lucy) sometime next week.

We worked on setting up some things in her room and then went to the girls' gym for some play time. (Emmy and I now work there a little bit - cleaning a few times a month [the even months only though]. As we're now "staff," I got a key and our family can use it if no one else is.) So Emmy choose that for her activity, rather than watching a movie. The kids had a blast. Ben tried some tricks - and was successful in doing back flips on the tramp. I hardly tried anything because I am old and weak - but did manage to do back handsprings on the tramp.

We came home and had birthday cake and then looked at the blog at the pictures and posts from the time period around when Emmy was born. Fun stuff.

Emmy with her friends, Reese and Holly, at Crash Burger.

A cute new rug and check out the adorable pillows behind her (that will eventually go on her hammock swing . . . which will replace the chair currently there).

She got a string of lights and some "cool and cute" prints to hang up on her wall. She LOVES it.

I painted this pegboard so she can hang up some photos - fun!


The girls in their new BYU leos. They were perfect and so cute on them!

Hang-time.

Fly-time.



Cake-time! Cookie dough cake - complete with an eggless cookie-dough layer. Emmy loved it and it went perfectly with a cup of milk. :) It tastes even better today (I think I'm realizing all cakes taste better a day old . . . )

Fun day with a fun 14-year old!


1 comment:

erinmalia said...

School and work? Sounds like she had an adult birthday. :) Happy birthday Emmy!