2014

2014

Sunday, May 22, 2022

Black Canyon Ascent 2022 with Emmy

Well it had been two years since we'd run this race and so we both had amnesia about how horrible it is. I mean, I know it's bad. You just forget it's that bad until running miles 3-5. Ugh, so hard! Why is it so hard?! Emmy ran it unofficially in 2020 when I organized one during the pandemic. So this was Emmy's first official time running it. We both PR'd - yay! Emmy cut off about 10 minutes from her time and ran it in 1:15:58. 1st place in her age division (she was the only one, ha - which also shows how cool she is)! I ran it in 1:07:09. Which is a good 5 minutes faster than my usual time (I am always right around 1:12. Like always. But I've been training on some hills and pushing myself . . . and, yay, it paid off!) I got 1st place in my division as well - but there were only 4 of us. However, I think my time would have still placed me first in a year where more runners race.

Pre-race. I look old and ugly. :) Emmy looks young and beautiful.

See, young and beautiful! Oh well, I was faster. Haha, hehe.


Go, Emmy, Go! She looked so good and strong coming in and I was so proud of her for just doing it and for crushing her old time. She did tell the volunteer that it was her first official time running it - and her last. Haha. But I doubt it . . . she'll be back. 

Yay, all done!

They took a picture of all the age-division winners but haven't posted it yet. As soon as I see, I'll put it here. 

Here are their pics (which are kind of horrible):


Winners - yay!


This girl. She's got a lot of drive and knows how to push herself hard. She's so impressive! And strong!

It's so tempting for me to never do this again because 1. It's the worst race I ever do, 2. I don't know if I can ever beat and or get close to my time again, and 3. 1st place is hard to beat! :) So we'll see . . . 

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

oh come on. we ALL know you can't say no to this race. it'll see you next year.