2014

2014

Thursday, October 05, 2017

Stuff

So I haven't posted much lately - but not because we are not doing "stuff."  Our weeks are crazy doing everybody's "stuff."  But the "stuff" is the normal, every-day things:  work, school, student council for the boys, swimming for Jonas, gymnastics for everyone else, mowing lawns, homework, reading for the read-a-thon, church activities, etc., etc. 

It would be good to simplify, yet our kids individually aren't over-scheduled - I don't think.  And everything they are doing are good things.  But as a family as a whole, we are pretty darn scheduled!

I just finished working three 12-hour night shifts this week.  Blech.  I am so happy to be done and to get to sleep in my bed and at night again!  :)

Here are just a few random pictures:
 August's calendar - just a little late.

 What happens after a trip to the library!

 September's calendar - not too late.  :)

My dapper husband and daughter ready to go listen to General Conference on Sunday morning.


 Jonas had his first band concert this past Tuesday.  I was bummed to have to miss it as I was working.  I think Jonas had a great time!  The girls and Ben enjoyed the performances. 


Who is this brave, radical girl and where does she get her style?!  She saw a girl a month or so ago with a similar cut - although the side was more of a buzzed-cut.  Ben wouldn't go for that - much to Emmy's dismay.  But we found a great compromise!  We had to go to Walmart as all of our friends who cut hair couldn't do it in time - Emmy just had to have it in time for today's school pictures.  What a wild beauty!

2 comments:

Elder James and Sister Dixie Galbraith said...

Does Jonas know his grandpa, namely me, played the trombone in high school!!! Grandpa (& Grandma)

erinmalia said...

Yeah, even one activity per kid, is four activities in your house! It adds up quickly when you have SO MANY KIDS. haha.

I love that quiet time after a library trip.

And that hair cut is super cute on her. Are you going to do it too? hahaha.